Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Tarp Rock Sign

When my wife and I were contemplating moving our goats, and ourselves, to her parent's place, we also discussed ideas for farm names.  After some back and forth, my wife laughingly suggested "Tarp Rock".  I loved it.  It perfectly describes us.  For those who don't know what a tarp rock is, it's any handy rock (or other object) that you fold into the corner of a tarp to use as an anchor point for a rope.  It's natural, it's practical, and it doesn't take a lot of technology to work.

Since that discussion, I've been referring to our farm as "Tarp Rock Farm" whenever making notes to myself.  Now that we're moved and have the goats settled in their permanent pen, I thought I'd make the farm a little more official with a hand carved sign.

I picked up a sign board and paint at Michael's craft store, dug out my carving tools and went to work.  Carving isn't my strong point, but I think it turned out pretty well.

Halfway There!
Done!

Painting

We're Official!

No comments:

Post a Comment